G'Bye

While I'm not sorry to say goodbye to an apartment that I did not feel safe in, days filled with emptiness and nights filled with despair- I am sorry to [for the time being] say goodbye to an amazing city and an incredible group of friends.

Had my going away party tonight and it was truly a memorable night. Adrian was drunk out of his mind, chasing Cleo around the party talking in his "British" accent. Liuzzi was being a perv as always, telling me he knows that he creeps me out. Ugh haha! Aaron appointed himself bartender and made a blockade around the kitchen... I saw his asscrack tonight when he was bent on the floor cleaning spilled cake :(

I had my palm read tonight... totally haramadan I know! Apparently, I have a lot of secret admirers who will never get the guts to tell me how they feel because I intimidate them :P I've also had my heart broken (well,duh!) Hmmm what else. I'll be successful, I'm driven school/career-wise. I'll have two kids, oh and marriage is DEFINITELY in the cards. Haha you crazy ass palm reader!

Oh, I was also followed around the party by a guy who kept telling me how attractive I am in my hijab haha He was going up to his friends saying, "Hey man, isn't this girl beautiful?" I was like ummm, awkward? One thing about our conversation struck me though. We got on the subject of women. Women are always the first to suffer, in wars and in life. Men use women as tools to defeat other men. When women are broken, society is broken. We are the glue that holds society together. We give life. We give life and men take it. They know that we are strong, stronger in many ways than they will ever be so they break us. They don't want us to know the power we have, how strong we really are. And some of us don't know, but most of us do.

0 comments: